At multi-award winning O’ Connor & Co Removals;
We believe implementing the best for our customers, which is care, quality and empathy.
Internally as a family oriented team member, we believe in trust, honesty and hard work, as a passionate and communicative team.
“Our family means no one gets left behind…or forgotten”.
We recruit on these exceptional core values. For the right, friendly team member, full training will be given with a chance to progress in a diverse range of roles.
Several exciting positions have become available for a Removals Driver/Porter to join our well established friendly team, with a great fun culture. We are a forward thinking, professional and multi-award winning removals and storage company. You must be 25 years of age or older and have a Full UK Driving Licence. (Under 25? Porter jobs available until eligible).
This role is on a variable hour basis due to the nature of the industry. Please be aware that the role does include local and some national moves (excellent rates of pay, £50 overnight stays and paid B&B). Due to the nature of the job, there will be some pro-rata weekend work, occasional early starts, mandatory overtime where required, some late finishes and long days. This is a team effort to meet targets. This is a physically demanding job, which includes moving heavy furniture.
Your duties will involve:-
- Driving company vehicles in a professional manner to perform duties.
- Do basic vehicle checks prior to use of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles are clean and tidy after each use.
- Pack furniture and boxes for safe transportation.
- Careful loading of furniture and boxes onto the vehicle(s),securing where necessary.
- Deliver and unpack furniture and boxes into the correct rooms at the destination.
- Professionally preparing houses with protective coverings and use all equipment provided to prevent potential damages.
- Dismantle and reassemble furniture where required.
- Perform any other duties which may arise during the removals process.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence with at least 2 years driving experience.
- Experience of driving a 3.5 tonne vehicle is essential.
- Due to insurance purposes, you must be 25 +
- Under 25? We invest in our staff for different skills, including driving lessons, forklift, furniture reassembly, progression once 25+, and a wealth of other certification.
- Be willing to undertake a mandatory CRB, driving licence check, random drug and alcohol tests.
- You must be physically fit due to the heavy lifting.
- Presentable and Punctual.
- Courteous with good customer service skills.
- Self motivated with good time management.
- The ability and passion to go that extra mile to enhance the customers experience if required.
The successful candidates will be part of a friendly, highly motivated team that believe in creating the best possible customer service experience.
- Holidays and pension.
- Staff and family service discounts.
- Recognition Scheme.
- Internal Progression-100% of our seniors have worked their way up.
- FULL training provided.- We believe that the core values – you are to be the best you can be.
- Company uniform, the use of the best tools and equipment for the job.
- Job security and flexibility.
- The opportunity to progress within the company + mentoring + courses.
- Good rates of pay + bonuses and tips.
- Christmas and Business award events.
- Recommendation and Referral reward schemes.
- All training and progression paid.
- Friendly, family oriented culture team members + games room.
- We have created Derbyshires apprentice of the year 2021.
- We have created Derbyshires Employee of the year 2021.
- Lead by business leader of the year 2021
A rare chance to be the face of Nottinghamshire’s and Derbyshire’s Business of the year as well as Customer service of the year for both counties.
“The best possible company, team and job I’ve ever had”.
“Thank you, I feel appreciated and can’t wait to learn for what’s next”.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 25-40 per week
Salary: From £10.40 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
For more information or to apply please call 0800 689 0412 or forward your CV to email@example.com